Good Stuff to Know
What are Stewart Mountain Lodging's Policies?
•Location: We are located 50 miles south of Salt Lake City up Provo Canyon in Sundance, UT. Our cabin rentals are found near the ski slopes, on the stream or overlooking the canyons natural landscape. Click on the bottom map icon to see an overview for each property.
• Check-in: 4:00pm
• Check-out: 11:00am - (Cleaners arrive promptly, if you more time is needed please contact us as early as possible.)
• Is Stewart Mountain Lodging affiliated with the Sundance Resort?
In a word, No. While we encourage our guests to enjoy the amenities and services available to the general public through the Sundance Resort we have no direct affiliation. Select services offered by the Sundance Resort, such as shuttle service, concierge services, room service or any front desk assistance are available exclusively to lodging guests of the Sundance Resort. We kindly ask our guests to please share this notice (and driving directions to the property location) with other members of their party. As a courtesy to the Sundance Resort we ask our guests not to access the resort front desk for check-in, directions, or other information. Contact SML directly at 801-609-4028.
Fortunately we are able to offer many of these same services for you to ensure that your experience with Stewart Mountain Lodging is an exceptional experience. Let us help plan your stay to discover all that our area has to offer.
• Cancelation Policy: If cancelation occurs 30 days prior to arrival, we will refund your full deposit less a $50 cancelation fee and a 3.5% credit card processing fee. If cancelation occurs within 30 days prior to arrival no refund will be granted. Check outs prior to the reserved dates are not eligible for a refund.
Cancelations tend to affect us greatly and as a result we are forced to abide by a stricter, less-friendly cancelation policy. We hope you can understand the challenging nature of managing vacation rental homes and appreciate your understanding in advance.
• Damage Waiver: Your reservation will be charged $49.00 for a Damage waiver to cover up to $1,500.00 in damage. If any damages are above this, then the Renter authorizes any said damage or missing items charged to their credit card. Guests are responsible for reporting any and all damages to the property during their stay.
• No Smoking – Violation of this policy will result in an additional damage and deep cleaning fee of $1000. These are all privately owned homes and the owners do not allow smoking.
• Additional guests (inc. children) beyond confirmed reservation will be charged a fee of $20 per guest, per night. Due to local fire codes, number of guests cannot exceed maximum number the house will sleep.
• Events - Any event (group gathering, birthday party, wedding) where additional guests come to the rented property will be charged a minimum of $500/day event fee, depending on group size. Any and all events/gatherings need to be pre-approved and shared at the time of booking. Additional fees apply
• Parking – Directions to property and parking specifications will be sent closer to your stay. Vehicles parked on the road will be towed at the renters expense.
• Winter access – Four wheel drive or chains are required from November 1 through the end of March. No refunds will be issued due to weather conditions.
• Pet Policy – Based on individual property. For those allowing pets, advance arrangements required, additional fees apply.
• Bottled Water – No need for bottled water. Enjoy perfect mountain spring water right from the tap.
• Recycling – SML provides containers for recycling.
• We recommend car rentals for our properties and require SUV's or 4-wheel drive during the winter. There are so many adventures and experiences in our surrounding areas that we are certain you will not want to miss.
What kind of personalized services or special amenities do you provide?
We’re happy to provide snowshoes and sleds for your winter excursion at no charge. For snowboarding, ski equipment and summer gear, we’ll give you the lowdown on rentals and passes.
We do have grocery stores in Utah, but there’s not one right here at Sundance. (The closest one is about 15 minutes away by car.) If you need items from a grocery store, pharmacy, or other provider and don’t want the hassle of shopping, we’ll gladly do it for you in advance. A small charge will apply.
Want to just check in, relax, and have a little appetizer or glass of wine? SML offers several snack selections that are available upon arrival. The selections vary seasonally, so call us and we’ll let you know what’s available.
Wine and Liquor
You mean I can get a drink in Utah?! Yes, you can, and its easier than you might think. It's a 15 minute drive to the closest liquor and wine store, where you can stock up on the essentials (open Monday-Saturday 11am-7pm). The Owl Bar at Sundance Resort, a full service bar, is open everyday. The Foundry Grill and Tree Room restraunts also have award winning wine lists and full service bars.
While Utah law does not allow us to sell you these products, we can purchase these items for you if we have your payment in advance.
We can provide full-time nanny services or hourly babysitting. If you think you may want this service, we’ll talk about your needs and make the arrangements.
Keeping in Touch
We think this a great place to escape from the outside world. But sometimes you just need to keep in touch. That’s why our properties have wireless internet service included.
So little time, so much to do. We offer a hands-on personal planner to help you plan an agenda of activities and work out the scheduling details, reservations, and transportation, if needed. We are pleased to provide information and make suggestions at no charge, but a modest fee is charged for the hands-on coordination.
We can arrange to have a massage therapist come to your mountain home, or you can visit the Spa located nearby at the Sundance Resort.
For those of you who prefer daily linen service for bedding and towels, we’re at your service. Or if you need a little help cleaning up the home during your stay, we can provide housekeeping services on request for an additional fee.
What Should I Know about Getting Here?
The properties of Stewart Mountain Lodging are easily accessed by the Alpine Scenic Loop, a.k.a., SR92, a class 3 mountain road. During the winter months, (November 1 – April 30) the road conditions can be hazardous, particularly during and after a winter storm. For this reason, the Utah Highway Patrol requires all vehicles be equipped with 4 wheel drive or tire chains when the roads are snow packed or icy.
Access to the Stewart Mountain Lodging properties during the winter months requires mandatory 4 wheel drive or tire chains. We’re not kidding. Many of our properties are located on secondary roads that remain snow packed and icy during the winter season.
Contact 1-866-511-8824 or go to www.commuterlink.utah.gov
Due to Sundance’s location in the North Fork Canyon, we are occasionally visited by local wildlife. This can include elk, deer, mountain lions, bobcats, raccoons, moose, skunks and all other forest critters. Discourage children from trying to pet, feed or catch any wildlife. If confronted by a large animal, raise your arms, make lots of noise and slowly back away.
If you are visiting from out of state, or from a much lower altitude, give your body the chance to acclimate to our thinner air. Altitude sickness, also known as acute mountain sickness (AMS), typically occurs at elevations of 8,000 ft or higher. Sundance sits at just under 6,200 feet above sea level. Do not over exert and be sure to give yourself plenty of time to get around. Drink plenty of water to keep from getting dehydrated, a common problem with high altitude. Symptoms include headache, fatigue, stomach illness, dizziness, and sleep disturbance. Exertion aggravates the symptoms. If you do experience AMS, decending in elevation for several hours often times is all that is needed. Call us if you have any questions or concerns.